Human Resources Manager(Maple Leaf Foods)
Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Opportunity with growth potential
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading consumer packaged food company, headquartered in Toronto with operations across Canada and in the United States, United Kingdom, Asia and Mexico. They make high quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products and are proud to have leading national brands such as Maple Leaf, Schneiders™, and Dempster’s™ in consumers’ cupboards and refrigerators. They pride themselves as Passionate People, Passionate about Food. Maple Leaf employs 19,500 people and their culture is values-based and action-oriented – one that is rich in leadership development and continuous improvement.
Maple Leaf Foods is seeking a Human Resources Manager for its operations in Winnipeg. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the HR Manager will lead a professional HR team of six and be responsible for one of the largest processing plants in Maple Leaf Foods. The HR Manager will be a key player in the upcoming expansion planned to be completed for 2013. The Human Resources Manager drives results and acts as a strategic component of the leadership team, by working with other managers and supervisors to implement Human Resource plans and strategies that support business objectives and optimize people performance. In this high performance culture an analytical eye for quality, productivity, and standards is required in the ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Provide human resources expertise to support and guide the Plant Manager and management team on topics of strategic staffing, compensation and benefits, training and development, performance management, labour relations, company policies and practices etc.
- Oversee the recruitment process during the expansion and day-to-day operations
- Manage, lead, and develop members of the HR department
- Promote overall employee retention
- Coordinate the implementation and delivery of various services, policies, and programs
- Prepare, monitor and administer the HR budget
- Monitor and evaluate best practices and emerging trends in HR and organizational effectiveness
- Track and monitor HR performance metrics to ensure the operations and employees are well served
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business, Organization Development or related discipline
- CHRP designation is preferred
- Minimum ten years of progressive experience in Human Resources positions with expertise in recruitment, selection, benefits, pensions, collective agreements, training, development, performance management, labour relations, and HRIS
- A minimum of five years of successful leadership experience with demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department members
- Experience in a unionized manufacturing environment is an asset
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels in the organization
Individuals interested in this challenging opportunity should forward a resume in confidence to Jaysa Nachtigall at email@example.com quoting project #13116.
|view company site||